Tuesday, October 11, 2016

May, Part One--Utah!!

My blog is back from the dead. I'm going to catch things up in the next couple of weeks.

I love May in Montana. The weather begins to warm enough to venture outside again. 

We had the grand kids for a few days, and headed to the playground to wear them out. I think they got confused and wore us out instead.

These little buggers have way too much energy.


We decided to move on and let these two wear us out for awhile. I love that they play together, Krew with his fighting men, Myla with her princesses.

Almost no one knew it yet, but Jessica was in the early part of pregnancy. You know-that part where you want to sleep, eat, and throw up. Jessica has been pleasantly unsick with this pregnancy compared to her others, which off course, makes one sick with worry that something is wrong. 

Krew's last day of first grade happened during our visit. He wasn't very excited. 


It was super easy to get a "last day of school" picture of this calm, unhyped-up kid.

He does a mean happy dance.

It's ok to be sad, Krew. Second grade will be here
 before you have a chance to take a summer breath. 

It breaks my heart to see him so unhappy.

We'd actually came to Utah to attend the wedding of my niece


in the Salt Lake temple.

Jorden and Krew were on a long-ago planned opening-day-of-fishing trip in Island Park. Can you believe they went fishing when they could have sat around admiring flowers, discussing bridesmaid dresses, and hanging with in-law relatives?


Poor Krew, having to fish with Dad, Uncles, and Grandpa B. He's probably cold and wet. He's obviously miserable pulling that fish out of the water.

Seriously, does this look like a little fella's dream come true? I think not! They're probably gagging on the fish smell and straining those muscles to hold up that puny fish.

The REAL fun is in Utah, playing hand shuffle with Grandpa J. and Uncle Cliff,


greeting the newlyweds,


cutting the rug with mom,

and Grandpa.

No smelly fish in sight!


While I was in town, I rebound Krew's baby blanket. It's getting pretty worn. Good thing I still had some matching fabric. Also a good thing he turns eight next year and gets a new quilt!
 I love that Krew has used it to near oblivion. 



After Myla showed me how to take a selfie it was time for us to move on.

Stan and I hopped back into the car and enjoyed a long drive and some incredible scenery as we headed to our next stop.

Up next: au revoir to Oregon

4 comments:

  1. Yay for an update! What a fun weekend that was! Come back soon (like in a couple of weeks) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back, I've missed you. I assume this means you are back from your cruise. Looking forward to learning all about it and catching up on the summer. Nice fish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a huge fish! Did you get to eat it for dinner? I like the fancy dancin' too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back! I've missed your blog ...

    ReplyDelete