Sunday, May 8, 2016

April 2016

April was a pleasantly busy month around here.
We had a few overnighters. I just love when I think the girls are sleeping soundly. At least I know why they were so grumpy this day...

Since we were in Boise on Easter weekend,

I didn't get to see these two in their Easter finery.

Hailey picked out both dresses when she and I were at Costco without Makayla one day.
Aren't these two cute?

I have had this experience before: I'm with Shelly, in her car, when we hear an odd thumpity-thump- thump. It happened again! Seriously, I haven't indulged in ANY ice cream lately. 

The two of us are in cold and rainy Utah together for Women's Conference.

Of course, Jessica joined us, even though she was struggling with a stomach flu.

The three of us may have eaten too much, partied too long, and slept too little.

Myla joined us the first day when her pre-arranged babysitter backed out at the last minute. Since children are verboten at the conference, she and I spent some time at the Bean Museum while Shelly and Jessica went to a class. Here she is helping the magnetic ants wander the ant farm

and trying out the slide. This girl talks. And talks. And talks. She's pretty fun to listen to.

We hit the Cougar Eat for lunch. Myla showed us the correct way to eat a chocolate bar:

Keep your hands clean

cause your face is going to get dirty.

We joined the ward pinewood derby party. That guy on the right that looks a lot like Jorden, is the bishop. Oh wait, that IS Bishop Jorden.

That blue car is Krew's. 

Not only did the car take first place, it also set a course speed record for the day.

Krew was awarded a chocolate bar cleverly disguised as a million dollars. 

Excuse the over-exposed picture, but I've been so impressed by Myla, who cleans up the toy loft without even being asked. I need a Myla in my life.


We made sure to take Shelly to all of our fave eating places.

Ok. Let's be honest. I HAVE been eating ice cream lately. Sorry about the flat tire, Shelly.

Our visit was short, the conference was wonderful, the company was better. 
Even so, Shelly and I eventually had to head to our respective homes so that the Backman family could catch up on their sleep.
See you in May, Backmans!

3 comments:

  1. What fun to get to go to Women's Conference together! (And with the added bonus of some grandkid time.) Also, tell Hailey I love her choices of Easter dresses. They look like two little princesses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the sleeping-selfie was pretty good and I thought it was pretty good that you pulled the Bean Museum duty instead of attending womens' conference. I've pinched a few babies to get out of sacrament meeting myself. Yeah, and ice cream to keep the grandkids happy. Pretty clever grandma. Looks like a fun trip with more in-store.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the girls' dresses. It was such a great weekend, that went way too fast! Such a bummer I started it out with the flu, but glad it didn't last! Can't wait until May!

    ReplyDelete