Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter

I love Easter. 
I love the renewal of life, the promise of spring that Easter brings.


Our Sacrament meeting today included Stan singing "I Stand All Amazed" in a quintet of men...

...and Easter dinner of ham, sweet potatoes, rolls, kale salad, deviled eggs, and lemon bars.

Easter is also cute girls

in new dresses


 Easter also means iffy spring weather,

and the need to borrow Grandma's stuff to keep warm in the spring sunshine.

As Thomas S. Monson said, "No words in Christendom mean more to me than those spoken by the angel to the weeping Mary Magdalene and the other Mary: 
'Why seek ye the living among the dead? He is not here, but is risen.'"

6 comments:

  1. I love spring too! And the girls pretty new Easter dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful girls in beautiful dresses. Did you happen to buy them at Costco? (The dresses, not the girls.) I bought one very similar to Hailey's for Savannah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are from Costco. Costco has great clothes for little kids.

      Delete
  3. I love spring here, but it must even be nicer in Montana. Nothing like the extremes to appreciate the differences. Beautiful girls. It is nice to know that when Trash opens his mouth, more than garbage can come out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love spring too! Those girls are so cute in their new dresses! By the way, is that new carpet on the steps? Have I seen that before?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we re-carpeted the living room, we also re-carpeted the stairs and hall. It's over a year old now.

      Delete