Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Catch-up

I discovered when downloading pictures from my camera just how far behind I've fallen in my blogging life.  Here's a random picture I missed from our visit to Scheel's in Utah of Krew, Megan, and David looking for a mermaid. Or maybe a killer whale.

Since that visit to Utah,
Pow!! Spring came to Montana. That's a direct quote from Hailey.
 I told Makayla these were Crocus and she said, "I know their last name. Flower." Yep, I for one am happy to welcome Ms. Crocus Flower.


Of course this IS Montana.
Over the weekend I took an exciting trip to Colstrip to talk in their ward's Sacrament meeting. It's a two hour drive, and when I left the sun was shining and the roads were good.


Several hours later when I headed home, the wind was gusting at 65 mph and it was snowing so hard I was forced to stop spwd (snapping pictures while driving) and deal with the 3 inches of slushy snow on the roads and zero visibility. Kind of a shame-I passed two enormous bald eagles feeding on a road kill deer, right on the edge of the road. I tried to slow enough to capture it on my camera and nearly slid into a canyon to become road kill myself. My knuckles are still white, just so you know.
 Here's something else that's happened since I came home from Utah: Makayla's old glasses fell apart and it was time for new frames.
No, not these.

These!! 


It's going to take a few days to remember how to look through them, not over them.


Oh dear.

Yeah, let's hang on to these old but cute frames a little longer, Hailey.

 The best part of getting new glasses is the nifty water cooler you can use while they adjust your frames and the suh-weet purple purse they give you to put your new glasses in.

The next time I saw these two, we went to Costco and found some cute dresses, cause a girl just can't have too many dresses.

Makayla had a momentary lapse of gratitude when she realized they didn't come with leggings.

She got over it when I found an old hair doo-dad in the back of the bathroom drawer.

We took ourselves and our cute blue dresses over to the farm implement store

to check out the baby chicks.

Hailey was sure her mom wanted them to have one, but sadly, you have to buy at least half a dozen of them and I was pretty sure Amy wasn't wanting six baby chicks.

Today when I picked these two up, they were anxious to do something exciting. We got out the vinegar. Some people didn't care for the aroma.

 We put a little into four jars and added food coloring.

Next came the baking soda in the pie pan.

 Do you know what you get when you add baking soda to vinegar? That's right--a science experiment!







Amy, I hope you appreciate the way we actually used tee shirts this time!

After using up all our supplies, Hailey and Makayla decided it would be good to put in back in the bottle,

and call it an "art project".

This is where things got a little silly. Makayla wanted to donate their masterpiece to the art museum, so we drove downtown to see if they had space for it. I guess they heard we were on our way, cause the building was locked up when we got there, although it was still 15 minutes till closing.
Don't tell Amy her girls were going coatless. It was about 32 degrees, but the sun was shining.


We ended the day taking the 1.4 mile loop around Lake Elmo. 




Goal for this week: work on finishing the European posts!

2 comments:

  1. I think you need to raise the little chicks at your house. Just think how educational that would be. It would also be food storage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That science experiment looks like loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete