Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Blessing

I SHOULD be getting ready for a church assignment-heavy weekend, but after two days of preparation, I decided to procrastinate a little and post an update instead. 

 This past weekend we climbed into our ancient, slightly used Suburban to add a few more miles to that speedometer.

I don't even want to think about how much it costs to fill this beast. Let's just say it's well into the hundreds.  The good news is that our gas gauge doesn't work anymore, so we no longer have to witness how quickly we are burning through our gas purchase.

 Our first stop was Rexburg, where we visited this adorable newlywed apartment.

When Megan told me they were renting a furnished apartment, I had no idea it came with cute "I love you" balloons.

This stop gave us the chance to empty out the basement of all of Megan's belongings and deliver them in person.

Of course we also made that OTHER Rexburg stop. I gotta say, this was a win-win stop.


 Our next stop was the Backman's house. Look at those two, acting like a little family with their borrowed baby and pet!


 Here's a picture that brings back memories--Megan "doing homework" aka, studying the inside of her eyelids.  It's a good thing she's getting such excellent grades. I'd hate to have to poke her awake!

While Megan studied, David and Krew played a fiercely competitive game of Candyland. I believe Krew pulled off the win at the last moment.

Next Krew demonstrated how he could paint his lips with a blue candy Robin's egg and then hide from his own personal paparazzi .

Here's the reason for our trip: Myla's blessing.

When I started snapping pictures of Myla and Jessica, Krew was anxious to be part of the record. 
Great pose, Krew!

What a lovely family!

The blessing took place in the Backman living room. It was wonderful to see all of the support from the extended Backman clan

as well as a few of the Jones/Kenisons  (I believe that's David K's back on the far right of the picture).

Sadly, the time soon came for us to make the long trip home. 
Bye, Myla! Don't grow up too much before we see you again!


4 comments:

  1. It is always good mileage when you can get out to see kids. I'm impressed with the mileage on your Suburban. Judy needs to take note and give me less grief about my Honda. I've got another 80,000 miles to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute young families with a whole life ahead of them. What fun that you could be there. Jessica looks amazing. And yes, that is VERY impressive mileage. Does your AC work? Bob's doesn't. I think that might be what eventually sends him to the car lot. The dent in the side and the shredded upholstery don't seem to bother him as much as they do me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our burb has been shockingly trouble-free. I'm sure it's got another 250,000 in it. The only repair we've made is a burned out windshield wiper motor. However, Bob, I'm hoping you're getting better gas mileage from your Honda.

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for making the long trip down to support us! It was so great to see you, and as always it was too short of a trip! Love you!

    ReplyDelete