Monday, February 18, 2013

Wahoo! It's President's Day!

That means Amy gets to go to work and Hailey and Makayla get to go to Grandma's!!
Excuse today's blurry pictures. 
Someone messed with my camera settings and I didn't notice till too late.
It was a balmy 30 degrees, so the girls went outside to jump the snow off of the trampoline. After they were wet, cold, and muddy they came in and let me wash their feet in the bathroom sink. That turned into

making the bathroom into a swimming pool

and somehow managing to get even wetter themselves. Geesh. Some responsible adult should keep an eye on these two.



I found some t shirts to wear while we dried clothes and the girls played "Hot Lava"...

...a game MY daughters also played. It basically means you cover the family room in pillows and blankets and jump around the furniture while trying not to touch the ground. Yep. My kids were ALSO not allowed to jump on the couch.


Makayla really needed new shoes. I was thinking we'd go buy something like this for her:

 However, Hailey and Makayla liked these better:
Somehow they managed to talk me into them. Amy says they look like "Rainbow Brite Threw-up Shoes". That's ridiculous. I've never heard of Rainbow Brite being nauseous.

The best thing about these shoes is that they light up when you walk, run, or kick cabinets.
I don't just mean a few twinkling flashes, I mean burn-your-retinas strobe lights.
Amy's going to love these!!

I bet their teachers will, too.

And finally, as I sorted through pictures I realized I didn't post this cute picture from a few weeks ago of my amazingly gifted grandson. Apparently Caden has virtually no cartilage in his ears.  I'm still having nightmares about his ability to all but pull his ears off of his head.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE those shoes. Lucky girls! Sam has ears like Caden. They must be related.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful shoes. Wonder if they make them in my size?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was at story time today and 2 girls there had the exact same shoes. I only noticed cause they both looked like they were new shoes and they were so excited to have someone have the same shoes as them.

    ReplyDelete