Tuesday, April 9, 2013

MIA

Just last week, spring had taken up residence in Montana. I got some pansies, snapdragons, cabbage, and broccoli seedlings, which I planted in the warm spring soil.


I took note of my faded seat cushions and recovered them.

Then spring went AWOL. We got 4 inches of snow (or 40 inches, measured in Chris increments).  Can't find my pansies, and my cabbage and broccoli are shriveled and frozen. All the lovely daffodils blooming in my  yard are buried. On the bright side, the deer won't be bothering them.

My newly covered chair cushions and my newly sewed pillows are under there somewhere.

 It's cabin fever time again. We read a book,

we did some iron beads,

and then we couldn't stand it. Snow or no snow,

freezing temps or not,

we are going to pretend it's spring. So there!

2 comments:

  1. Gee, Chris, I wish I could send you some of my snapdragons. They are about two feet tall and in full bloom. My cauliflower and Brussels sprouts are also doing very well. I'll think of you during the harvest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just remember that when spring finally does come, you will REALLY appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete