Sunday, April 28, 2013

All The News That's Fit To Print

Exciting news!
Look who's blogging!

In other news....
Now that our long miserable winter is over, Hailey and Makayla came over on Saturday to "help" in the garden.


Their definition of helping involves spreading the newly cut grass to the driveway,  road, and every other place I don't want it to be.

I took Makayla in to get her glasses adjusted this week, and the eye clinic told me that they just aren't going to stay up until she grows a nose. She hates that other solution-the strap around her head thing. It has a tendancy to get tangle up in hair and pull it out by the roots.

For some reason, Makayla didn't want to smile after our yard work.

Hailey was more than happy to help her smile. Not a very convincing smile there, Hailey.

Hmm. Looks like Makayla needs more help than Hailey can give her.

I ran to the grocery store this week with these two to pick up a dozen eggs for the last minute emergency dessert I was suppose to provide for a funeral. I came home with a dozen eggs and these popsicle-ish things. Note to self: do NOT take the grandkids to the store when in a hurry. They've pretty much figured out that I'll buy forbidden food to get them to walk faster.

As usual, Makayla would rather have had tomatoes.....No, her hair hasn't turned pink from all the tomatoes she eats- it's a fashion accent from the beauty parlor after a trim.

 Hailey entertained us with her artwork--yep, she's one of those free-wheeling inappropriately-placed-apostrophe-using people. I love the way she spells "them"-just like she says it.

On Sunday, Makayla and Hailey entertained themselves while the rest of us napped.  
Then they got a bath.

At least they didn't burn the house down while unattended.

Here's a better idea: decorate Grandma's porch instead of your face! You could also eat the rest of lunch while at work.

This chalk set comes with transferable art to color in. I hope it washes off before I die.

Thanks for keeping us on our toes, Hailey and Makayla!

4 comments:

  1. So many winner pictures in here. I think my favorites are the ones of Hailey trying to get Makayla to smile. Classics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomatoes over popcicles. Now that is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go soccer playing Hailey! You and Jordan must related she loves goalie too. I love the marker faces, hope it was washable. Never a dull moment with those girls.

    ReplyDelete