Thursday, December 18, 2014

December Fun

Now that it's December, I invited my two favorite semi-pro decorators over. They got things pulled together, but complained that they don't have enough Christmas objets d'art to holiday-up their house.

So we found some big letters to paint red. These two are becoming more and more sophisticated in their art abilities, and I've been scrambling for new and untried projects.

Today we're going to try stenciling (while eating). I'd made some rolls for the meal we fed the missionaries the previous day, and Makayla helpfully ate the eight rolls I had left.

Here's Hailey, gearing up to show us how it's done.

As you know, stenciling involves a stiff-bristled brush with just a smidge of paint on it 

that you pounce, pounce, pounce onto your stencil.

It was an excellent first attempt. It may not be perfect, but that's the beauty of handmade art.

I found an extra wreath in my vast over supply of Christmas stuff for the "O". I like the way it turned out. I think we're going to wrap it and give it to Amy as an early Christmas surprise.


Can you guess the easily-persuaded Grandma who might have purchased these practical matching dresses?
Could YOU resist Makayla's plaintive begging when she spotted them at the store?
Good thing they were 50% off.



Those dresses were perfect for the school Christmas program.

Not too many things are more fun than watching 100+ Kindergarteners sing Christmas songs.

This year third grade sang right after Kindergarten, meaning that we didn't have get to sit through all of the grades in-between. I love that most of the girls get very dressed up and most of the boys show up in whatever. 

Singing a cute song about going to the North Pole. 


Here's what Hailey wears when she's not in her holiday finery. She's using a weighted vest and noise-cancelling headphones to deal with the sensory issues she has. She gets to use them at school, too.
 
We spent an afternoon carefully wrapping the gifts these two found at the mall for mom. Can Christmas be far behind?
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Your latest Christmas craft is amazing, RS activity worthy. Seriously, you need to write a book about doing crafts with kids. I have never seen so many cute ideas. I love everyone one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the green dresses - perfect for Christmas. Also good if they get lost in the snow.

    ReplyDelete