Thursday, September 18, 2014

We're Leaving

In a few days, Stan and I are heading to Mexico with the Jones siblings and Dad.
Hailey, Makayla, and I did a whirlwind of activities to store up together-time memories until we get back.
 
We visited the new Scheels. It has an enormous fish tank

and a Ferris Wheel

where we waited (and waited and waited) in line for our turn.

Here we are at the top. My arms weren't quite long enough to get us all in the selfie. It doesn't help that I'm afraid of heights and had a death grip on the chair bar.

For even more fun, we went up and down the escalator until the security guy gave us the eye. 

We checked out the Dead Animal Zoo (thanks, Jessica, for that descriptive title)

and went for a little ride.

Hailey caught a couple of little fish. I made her throw them back in.


We found Abe, who suddenly began to talk,

causing Makayla and Hailey to jump to the side in spontaneous and perfect synchronization.

We hunted some wild game.

and showed the dead zoo animals who's boss.

I think we decided the skunks could be boss here.

The next day together we had Hailey's friend over to make pretzels.

Today we made some Puppy Chow. Makayla's not happy there's no actual puppy involved.


Some people think Puppy Chow is not that healthy.

That's ridiculous. It has cereal, sugar (from sugar BEETS, a vegetable), chocolate (from cocoa BEANS, a vegetable), peanut butter, butter (dairy), and vanilla (from vanilla BEAN, again, a vegetable).

Hailey helped me out by licking the bowl clean.

We packaged it up so the girls can put one into their lunch each day to remind them I love them.

Then we got out the pearler beads

so that Hailey

and Makayla could make me a coaster to slip into my luggage to help me remember they love me.
Bye, girls! See you in a week or two!

6 comments:

  1. Have so much fun in Mexico! Wish we could join you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, I've still got room in my suitcase! Let's go!

      Delete
  2. Cool what part of Mexico are you going to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun! I'm sure you're going to be missed. Those two cuties will just have to give you extra love when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a good grandma. I love the packages of puppy chow to remind them of you each day and the beads to remind you of them. The Mexico! Will look forward to your adventures.

    ReplyDelete