Monday, September 15, 2014

Anatomy of a Remodeled Rental: Week Six

Bishopric-hood continues to take big chunks of time out of our schedule, but we continue to push ahead.  Besides, being Bishop does have its perks.

What a nice surprise! I could get use to this.

Other than the fact that it rained before we took down the hearts and they turned into a pulpy mess. Oops.

 
Meanwhile, we FINALLY finished the priming

including the floors, and everything smells fresh and tobacco-free. At least I think it does. I can't quite tell with the smell of oil-based primer making my head swim.
 
While Stan primed, I started on the ceiling by painting the edges to prepare for the roller. Don't you love the pretty pink color?  Sadly, it turns white as it dries. I'm totally down with pink ceilings, but apparently my spouse is not.
 
One thing we've learned about home ownership: there are lots of surprises. Here's an interesting one. The stove is wired directly into the wall. No plug, no outlet. Very scary.  Somehow, I'm not surprised the stove isn't working. I suspect Electrician Man Stan with soon resolve all these issues.
This week will be a week of painting walls and ceilings.
I finally feel we are making progress we can see.

5 comments:

  1. Do the YW also paint? Hmm. I would ask.
    That ugly kitchen linoleum looks familiar. It is the very stuff I have lived with as "shelf paper" in my cupboards for over 20 years now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be happy to mail you all of it, since we will soon be scrapping it up for new flooring. Surely there are cupboards in your house that need shelf paper.

      Delete
  2. I'm happy to see it coming together. I hope it will work well for you, you certainly deserve it after all of the hard work that has gone into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, thanks for the generous offer. I was thinking that perhaps you could use MY scraps. I need a reason to get rid of it. I would like that reason to be new cupboards, but I'll take what I can get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That 220 line for the stove looks SCARY! (So does that linoleum!)

    ReplyDelete