Monday, September 8, 2014

Anatomy of a Remodeled Rental: Week Five (And A Birthday)

Remember how our goal was to have finished this remodel by September 1? Ha! We're hoping for a December 1 at this point.
 
This week we finished the tub surround (and it looks really nice)

and continued to prime, prime, prime each and every surface. This is the newly primed bedroom with lovely wood paneling.

We still have to do the kitchen, all ceilings, and all floors. And can I just say: PEOPLE! Paint your closets! In all of our remodeling, it's apparent that no one EVER paints their closets. 

Even though this is a smoker's house, we see these icky, yucky, bleeghy, closets in each and every remodel we do. Closets ALWAYS have the original paint, no matter how old the house is. 
 
This is time-consuming work, to be sure. We are experiencing lots of interruptions.
Shhh! Don't tell Stan, but I'm always delighted when we "have to" go somewhere instead of working.
Case in point: On Saturday we put in four hours of remodel work before leaving for a ward baptism, then "had" to go to a party.
 
Yep, this little cutie is six.

Makayla's party was at Geyser Park, home of  arcade games,

and memorable pizza.

And when I say "memorable", that would be not in a good way.

I bought a box from Albertson's

that contained a princess cake. Makayla loves her princesses.


I have no idea what I did to make this picture move, but hey, it works for me!

There were presents


and a very happy birthday girl.

Makayla was excited to get a dress from "Frozen". She identifies strongly with Elsa: "We have the same hair, but she has different eyebrows."

Happy birthday, Makayla! We love you!

2 comments:

  1. How nice for the little princess to have a birthday.

    Can I just say that reading about your experience with fixing up rentals has made me so sad that we don't have rentals of our own. I'll just have to content myself with reading about the experience on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the moving picture where Makayla will eternally be blowing out her candles. I guess she'll never grow old that way, right? I am loving the remodel pics. Unlike my husband, I think I would like doing that. Of course, I do hate to paint, which might be a problem.

    ReplyDelete