Sunday, May 5, 2013

Weekend at Grannie's

This weekend we had some overnight visitors-besides that squirrel that keeps climbing my tree.

Our visitors aren't particularly tidy, but we don't care.

Three days of complete chaos is doable, right?

Amy is in Bozeman for the weekend, and we got the munchkins. On Saturday, we went to Great Grandma and Grandpa's house and did some yard work. I wish I'd thought to bring a camera--Hailey and Makayla had great fun sweeping the back patio, getting underfoot, getting completely dusty and dirty and riding with Grandpa to take a load to the city dump. This tulip from Great Grandma's yard happened to fall into their hands while they were working, and fortunately, we own the perfect size Hello Kitty cup to use as a vase.

Makayla offered to pick me some roses out of my yard and I almost gave her the green light until I remembered she confuses roses and tulips. That would be a no, Makayla.


On Saturday afternoon, the girls played "bike tire frisbee"

while Grandpa worked on the leaks.

Apparently there are somethings you never forget, like how to ride a bike, and how to fix a tire.

Meanwhile, I was stuck in the kitchen cooking massive amounts of authentic Mexican food for Sunday's singles ward visit and the Cinco de Mayo Feed and Flirt to follow. I'm making crock pot shredded beef tacos, Mexican beef enchiladas, and potato salad. Nothing says "Mexican Cuisine" like potato salad, no?
Enchilada filling


Don't feel the need to mention to Amy that I let Makayla wear her Sunday dress all day Saturday.

She needed a dress cause she needed to dance.

You may have heard of people doing a Rain Dance. Makayla is doing a Sun Dance. Dance, Makayla, dance!!!!
 Makayla asks me every time she comes over now if my tomatoes are ready to pick. That is unlikely, since I haven't put them into the frozen tundra of my yard quite yet. I did buy the nasty grocery store ones in anticipation of her visit, and she ate five of them, core and all. She also ate a whole yellow bell pepper, and wanted to eat the red and orange ones too, but sadly, I needed those for that authentic cooking I was doing.

Hailey and Makayla practiced their bike riding skills for several hours.


 Followed by soaking up the sun time with Grandpa, also known as "can you keep the kids out of the kitchen while I'm Mexican cooking????"

We knew it had been a good weekend when Makayla said, "I'm tired. Is it time for bed next?" Amazing. That's usually the question Stan and I ask after a day with these two....

3 comments:

  1. How fun for those little girls to spend the weekend with you! Krew is all about riding his bike and could do it for hours too! I loved your last post! That Hailey is going to be quite the soccer player!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to fix my own flats when I was a teenager. I want you to know that I have forgotten how to do that. I also want you to know that my very favorite potato salad is served a local Mexican restaurant called Juan Pollo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Stan's necklace. I hope you have him buying all of your jewelry.

    ReplyDelete