Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Weekend

On Sunday we had our customary dramatic spring storm with booming thunder, pouring rain, tornado warnings,

and hail

but no tornado, which is good, since some people were out enjoying the kerfuffle.

The sun reappeared quickly, making drying up a snap.


We finally got around to the celebratory birthday lunch for Stan on Sunday.

Guess who helped me pick out the cake??

Hailey got a bit too close and comfortable with the cake. 
Guess which side of the cake I want my piece cut from?

Oh dear. That side of the cake I was requesting? It may have a little spit on it. Please hurry, Stan, while there's still a piece of cake left that's worth requesting!

Happy birthday, Stan!!!!

Makayla demonstrating how to say "I love you too" in sign language. Hmmm...it's probably a good thing we aren't depending on signing for that message.

On Memorial day, Stan and I visited the cemetery

and the grave of Stan's Grandpa and Grandma Jones. Grandpa Jones was a WW I veteran and this cemetery marks each war veteran's grave with a flag.

Their grave is in Sunset Cemetery on Central.

It's nice to see all of the decorated graves on Memorial Day.

We also visited the grave of Stan's Uncle Que, killed in WW II. Uncle Que's grave is across the street in Mountview Cemetery, also on Central Avenue.

4 comments:

  1. That's some pretty serious hail! And happy birthday to Dad! I can't believe he is nearing 60! Hope he had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sign language "I love you" is much more special when their is chocolate cake all over the signer's hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trash is getting pretty old. Oh well, what the hail.

    ReplyDelete