Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Spring Surprise

Spring came early to Billings this year. To celebrate, I hung my Spring-y wreathe up by the front door.

It wasn't long until Robbie and Robyn spruced it up with their own special little red-breasted touch. This is the third time over the years that Robbie and Robyn have chosen this spot for this little decoration. They've also used the light on the back porch a few times. I think they like the excitement of someone walking out the door. It gives them someone to take their frustrations out on.

After  ignoring their nest for a week or two, they suddenly came back yesterday to check it out. By last night, they had decorated it with this cute Easter egg. I wonder if it's milk chocolate or dark chocolate? Just so you know, Rob, I prefer milk chocolate.

Today Makayla checked it out for me. She claimed she saw two eggs.


Hailey confirmed the count.

According to google, I'm going to be gone when they hatch. I don't know--do you think Makayla and Hailey would be interested in checking on them for me?

5 comments:

  1. We went through this last year. I had to throw away the wreath when the birdies finally emptied the nest, and my front door was covered in yucky bird poop. (We had five babies.) I've vowed that the minute I see any sign of nest-making on my wreath, I'm taking it down for a month. Yeah, I am much Scroogier than you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it makes a mess. I just couldn't bring myself to pull it down, thinking how much the grandkids would like it.

      Delete
  2. I loved the nest on the back porch light when I was growing up! We had a Robin start to build a nest on our back patio but I guess it decided we were out there too much, maybe it was Harvey! PS why does Amy get such beautiful hair?! The only way my hair could look like that is if it were fake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think "robin egg blue" is one of the most beautiful colors in nature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Every time I see an egg, I think how much more beautiful the color is than I remember.

      Delete