Saturday, May 12, 2012

Living Dangerously

I've been living dangerously. Our last frost date is May 15, but I've been really dwelling on the edge and getting my garden in this week. I have to. I won't have time if I wait. After working from 7 am til 7 pm, I got the front yard done.

And I'm pooped.

And I still need to finish the backyard.

Oh look! The acorn squash is already up and growing! Okay, I bought started plants this year. I don't exactly trust Megan to nurture my seeds along until I get back. I figured she'd do better if she could see what she's watering.

My potatoes and onions, planted last month, are up and growing. Today I planted zucchini, butternut, 
cantaloupe, watermelon, peppers, tomatoes, and several kinds of herbs.

In other dangerous living, I'm getting a bit tired of getting my eyes pecked out every time I go out to retrieve the morning paper. If Mrs. Robin feels so anxious about our comings and goings, why did she choose this spot for her nest YET AGAIN?? Can you see her there, sitting atop the wreathe on her nest, just waiting to attack? This is as close as I can get without her coming for blood.

By the way, I've decided to step away from the edge. You know, the one involving the nest. The first time I peeked, there was one egg.

The next time I looked, there were two eggs.

Then I checked the next day and there were four eggs. Yep. The eggs double every time I look. If I were to look everyday for the next week, there would be----------whoa! That's it, I'm not going to look again till I get home.


Here is Stan's must-finish-this-week project: a desk for the *space in the downstairs bedroom that was built to have a desk in it*. Kids, you know where that is!
It has to be finished this week because that space has been there for 17 2/9 years now.
Yeah, I'm not sure about the urgency either......

2 comments:

  1. PLUS you talked to me on the phone for a while. You are Superwoman. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your a busy women! You know I wouldn't mind having that desk willed to me for someday :) Dad is so good at building things! He is awesome! Happy Mother's Day mom you are the best :)

    ReplyDelete