Monday, June 2, 2014

DONE AND DONE!

As soon as I finished Hannah's quilt, I started two more: one for Nora and one for Koen.
Hannah's quilt
 
I was nearly done with Nora's quilt when she decided to arrive 3 weeks early. Knowing that I still had a chance of getting Koen's quilt done on time, I set aside Nora's and finished Koen's.
 
Koen's quilt is a super colorful quilt, guaranteed to keep him up at night. As the firstborn, I know Koen probably has more than enough blankets to last a lifetime or two, but I made him one anyway.

I had this uber-colorful flannel with bright animals that reminded me of

the darling animal pictures created by Kelsey's nieces. Kelsey's mom is an amazing seamstress and made the bedding in the crib.
 
I cut out each animal for a quilt block and added an alternating bright green and turquoise block.

The quilt has solid blue minky backing. I think Koen's grandmas have him covered :).
 
The best part was being able to deliver it in person.
 
Today I FINALLY got Nora's quilt done.

It's covered with stars

of various fabrics. I went in search of pink minky for the backing, but the pink in the quilt is a touch coral-ish, and I was getting a bit discouraged about finding a good match. I finally settled on an aqua blue piece when I spotted

this perfect match minky in the sale pile.

 It has all of them same colors in it as the quilt top, including the right shade of pink--amazing! I love when a quilt comes together.

Next: Quilts for the upcoming eight-year-olds, Hailey and Caden. Let's just say I'm already running behind.

3 comments:

  1. Love love love these two quilts. Come for an extended and visit and help me make one of these...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. You ooze projects talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom, I have NEVER seen a quilt of yours I haven't liked! They are all perfect. I know they are a lot of work but I'm so glad you have this tradition! Something we will all cherish forever!

    ReplyDelete