Thursday, September 19, 2013

Gone Baby Gone

Today was a sad day. Today the Pearsons left. Some blah blah blah stuff about time with the Pearson side and getting back to school. Really, do they have to come up with such good, rational reasons to leave me????
 
Now that they've left, who is going to teach Brinlee important sentences like, "I want Lucky Charms?"

 
Who is going to pick out the colorful "marsh", leaving only the super-sweetened wholesome oat cereal behind?

 
Who is going to whine about the noise Grandma makes in the morning, preparing her daily breakfast smoothie?

 
Who is going to brighten our day?

 
Who is going to line up toys on the steps for Grandma and Grandpa to trip over?

 
Who is going to tap tap tap around the house in Makayla's future church shoes?


Who is going to let us read endless stories?

 
 
Who is Grandma going to spoil with super-cute early Costco Halloween costumes?
Seriously, is it legal to be this cute and live so far away?

 
Who is going to misplace all of my reading glasses?
Oh wait. I'm doing fine on that one all by myself.


 
Who is kindly and without condescension going to show me yet AGAIN how to find "Super Why" on the I-pad?

 
Who is going to read me a story about "Who-Hi" and the broken bow?

 
All I can say is that it's fortunate I can go seamlessly from a granddaughter morning good-bye to a double granddaughter afternoon hello.

I guess I can still


 
find reasons to smile.
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Seriously, that Minnie Mouse costume should be illegal. It's way off the chart for cuteness, kind of like going 100 in a 50 mph zone. Thank goodness for those two cuties at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute post. You're a good grandma. Good thing, because they have to put up with Trash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. : ( so sad we had to leave! It went by way too fast! Love the post. I'm sure it's nice to have your house back and not trying to keep up the food and especially the milk supply for us moochers. Love you guys! Thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brinlee (and you and McKay) can come mooch milk off of us anytime!

      Delete