Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Who, Me?

As the official Stan Jones Family Blogger, I've been known to carry a camera and intrusively take pictures of embarrassing, exciting, weird, memorable, and trivial moments, which I then post for all the world to see. I began this nasty habit when only Megan was left at home; consequently she has "enjoyed" being my target more than anyone other member of our clan other than Hailey and Makayla. Perhaps that explains why I happened to have my camera with me on Monday night.....

Megan's friend David has been staying with us a few weeks. Alas, on Monday he announced it was time to move on and said his sad good-byes to Megan. To give comfort to Megan in her time of need, her friends suggested they all go out to Texas Roadhouse for dinner after Megan got off of work. Amazingly, Stan and I just happened to be eating there Monday night, too. We got there first, and when Megan and her group came in, the waitress seated them just across the railing from us. We were hurt when Megan's friends saw us and asked the waitress to move them toot sweet.  Hey! I showered! Gee whiz, Megan had not even noticed us and I hadn't even had a chance to pull out my camera to record this strange coincidence!
Yep, I "borrowed" this picture from facebook.

Texas Roadhouse holds a special place in Megan's heart-it's where she and David went on their first date. On that date, David had arranged for the staff to sing "Happy Birthday" to Megan, even though it wasn't her birthday. Yep, the two of them share the same confused sense of humor. Strangely, history repeated itself Monday night: it wasn't long before we noticed the entire Billings Texas Roadhouse over by Megan's table singing Happy Birthday to her. We rushed over to see Megan's confused face, camera ready. They sang their version of the birthday song and gave her a big "Yee-Haw", then parted to reveal....




this guy. Wasn't he just texting Megan he was somewhere in the middle of nowhere in Wyoming?
Oh look, it's sneaky, gift-bearing David! It's shocked Megan!

Sadly, there were so many people I couldn't get a good shot of Megan, 
but I understand her answer was "yes".

Awww......

The adorable couple with the cute co-conspirators.

The ring! 
We are happy as can be about upcoming events. I'll be sure to bring my camera!
Just so you know, Megan, I wouldn't go to Texas Roadhouse on April 23. They will never believe it's your actual birthday.

3 comments:

  1. Gotta love a guy who is creative AND who includes all the BFFs. You're starting out at an A+, David! The ring is really beautiful--very different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to be a witness to the big EVENT. Very creative, very traditional, very kind. Sounds like a winner couple and a match made in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, adding another "David" to the extended family is a good omen. We're eager to get to know this fine and clever young man!

    ReplyDelete