Thursday, March 15, 2012

Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda

I should be looking for my recipe for chocolate cupcakes for our Saturday Stake Relief Society birthday temple session/luncheon.

I ought to be working on the talk I agreed to give for our ward Saturday night Relief Society birthday dinner celebration.


 I need to be working on the talk I'm giving in Colstrip on Sunday.

 But, alas, spring has sprung in Montana.


 I know this because the deer have eaten my tulips down to the ground. GRRRRRR!


And my rhubarb is striving to provide Stan's favorite pie material.


The girls could hardly wait to go outside after I picked them up.

We planted a spring planter for


 the front porch.

 Then we decided to go for a little drive.

 Sunshine just brings out the nice in all of us.


 We spent some time climbing the rocks at Castle Rock Middle School.

Our temperatures were in the low 70's today.


It was a fabulous day for expending some of that boundless energy.


Megan, you'll be happy to know I told Hailey and Makayla that little story about your first of many exciting encounters with the fine policemen of Billings which occurred at this very school. 
Even though that was your first run-in with the law, it remains your most exciting--at least of the ones I know about.

I've been promising the girls I'd take them to a playground as soon as the weather warmed up. Hailey and Makayla, who can't remember how to wipe up the milk they just spilled, never forget a promised made to have fun. I took them back home, put them in the stroller, and walked the mile to Eagle Cliff Elementary. Hailey made it all worthwhile when she kept saying "This is awesome! This is so awesome!"
I wish I was feeling half as awesome about all of the things I should be preparing for this weekend...

3 comments:

  1. Think about it as gathering material for your talks. I'm sure there is something in there that you can use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think of it like this: You were gathering material for all of those talks. I'm sure you had profound insights as you were out playing in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't seem right that on March 6th your post was winter doldrums and now you're saying you have 70 degree temperatures! That's Montana for ya! PS you are so busy and I think you're superwoman!

    ReplyDelete