Wednesday, January 25, 2012

In Over Our Heads Comes To A Slight Pause

Stan has now fixed all of the cracks


 repaired all of the water damage

and finished the priming.


This light in our  entry wall was green. Yup, green. It was cool in the early 90's. Stan spray painted it a groovy bronze.



Random alert! This isn't a picture about painting. It's just a lovely sunrise from this morning.
Although if I could paint it, I would.


Next comes the all-important choosing of the new wall color.


I finally settled on one, set up the ladder, and spent the afternoon painting.
What happened next did not involve a ladder. 
Just a evening meeting at the church, a sidewalk, and some ice.

Followed by a trip to the emergency room, five stitches, lots and lots (and lots) of blood,  
and a slight headache. 
So.
Embarrassing.
 
I did have the good sense not to lose consciousness, saving myself the inconvenience of a scan and an overnight stay.
I've been promised a black eye and a 2 1/2 inch scar. Just between you and me I'd rather not have a permanent reminder of my lack of grace....

4 comments:

  1. Aaargh!!! In over your head and up to your eyeballs. No good deed goes unpunished. That will teach you to attend those evening meetings. Were you surrounded by every church member that you have ever known when it happened? Probably. Oh well, at least you'll be remembered, right? I want to see a picture of both the black eye and the scar. (2 1/2 inches is very impressive.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to see a picture of you today. I'm sure it's pretty colorful! I wish I could give you a hug :( Please don't fall again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OUCH!

    Did it knock some sense into you??

    Yes, we're all waiting for the follow-up photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OWIE!!! Glad it wasn't any worse. Looking forward to the technicolor photos ... :)

    ReplyDelete