Thursday, December 8, 2011

What Have We Been Up To?

A week ago, I got a call from one of the Relief Societies in the stake, asking me if I would speak about Christmas and the Savior at their special midweek meeting. I accepted, thinking I'd just tweak a talk I'd given 2 or 3 years ago at another ward. After searching for hours and hours, I had to accept the computer had eaten my talk and I would be starting from scratch. The meeting was last night, and I had the most wonderful dinner companions and a delicious beef dinner for my efforts.

But I'm still mad at my computer.


Hailey managed to destroy her glasses for the 32nd time this year. This time there was no fixing them, so we all headed to the eye doctor and tried out some new frames.


These are the new glasses Hailey decided she didn't want.


These are the glasses Hailey decided she did want, but then changed her mind at the last minute and choose a completely different pair, which I didn't have a picture of.

Stan got the exterior lights put up. You're welcome, Megan, queen of the "Don't be a Grinch, parents, put up some lights!" movement.


Makayla came over and colored some pictures for me.


She also "blued my rails".


We've been wondering what do to with all of that painter's tape left over from the duplex project.


Makayla also read me some Christmas stories to get me in the mood


while I worked on some Christmas presents.

We picked Hailey up from school and


made snow angels in last night's snow.


Here's Makayla's angel.


Hailey would like you to know her angel has a halo, which either magically appeared (her version), or was made by the tassel on her hat (my version).


Next came some snow throwing


some trailblazing, 


and some snow handling. Sadly, it was too cold and the snow was too dry for snowman making. Something tells me we will have other opportunities this winter to try again.


Makayla went for a little ride 

but soon realized how treacherous snow travel is in Montana.


I had to call a tow for her.


Makayla's winter driving needs some work.


We decided to come in and put the baby to bed.


She slept for the rest of the day. Hailey and Makayla refer to their baby as "Fat Barbie". Girls, unless you really mean "Phat Barbie", that's not going to make your baby feel good about herself. 



Next we pulled out the Christmas decorations 
 Old glasses, won't stay up, broken hinge.

and my personal designers got right to work.


One of my helpers got rid of those pesky bubbles in the wrap I use to put things away.


Here's a great look my helpers came up with--it works as long as you don't feel a need to turn off lights.


Ashley, did you make these back in Kindergarten or 1st grade? They're getting a bit melty.


The arrangers with the finished product. I'm pretty sure my two little helpers will be rearranging frequently between now and Christmas.


Makayla ended the day with her best imitation of Krew. Unfortunately, she was pretty upset that she  didn't have any dogs to eat up the mess like Krew did.
Some days I don't cry when my little sweeties go home.....

3 comments:

  1. Such cute girls!! I only had the last picture of McKayla scrolled down half-way and didn't see the mess and I thought you were saying her impression is of Krew crying; true! But VERY true with the mess!! Hopefully it wasn't the whole bag like with Krew! Or maybe you need to get a dog?!?!
    PS I made a snowman like that one year, but I don't know if one of those are mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makayla's mess was a canister of Nestle's Strawberry Milk powder. When she cried and got the powder all wet, it turned dark pink and Hailey started screaming because she thought it was blood (really, Hailey? pink blood?). It was exciting.

    Those may be your snowmen---I can't remember whether anyone else made them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a lot of fun at the Jones house. I remember (long, long ago) making trails/mazes in freshly fallen snow on the front lawn. That's a good memory.
    By the way, if you were looking for the talk about Christmas and touch, I have a copy. Want to send me a copy of your new talk? I'm needing material for a sacrament meeting talk...

    ReplyDelete