Tuesday, December 13, 2011

ALL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL

We go through garage door openers about as often as dishwashers. As you know, that's often. These buggers always break down when the temperature is below 5 degrees. There's nothing like being stuck outside of your house in a Montana winter, trying to figure out where your spouse hid the extra house key this time. Fortunately, Stan was able to replace the opener AGAIN. We should be good for another 3 or 4 weeks.


I decided to take the girls to an indoor playground today--nothing says "Why do I live in Montana?!?" like an outdoor playground in December in Billings.


 This playground is conveniently attached to Burger King.


I don't care WHAT these pictures suggest, Makayla and Hailey were unusually grumpy today.

Amy tells me that little angel in orange got up at 3:30 am ("I'm hungry!") and didn't really go back to sleep. I suspect Makayla heard Amy had finals today and was doing her part to help out. I took her to speech therapy this afternoon, meaning there was no time for naps.


Since we were already here, I figured I'd cap off the girls' grumpy day with a happy meal. It didn't go well. There were lots of tears when I couldn't figure out which sauce they liked with their chicken.

Makayla may look happy here, but her nose is running because she's been weeping, wailing, and gnashing her teeth nonstop for the last 30 minutes when she ran out of chocolate milk and I refused to refill. How clever of me to choose a Burger King across town from my home where I didn't know anyone and no one knew me!

Since we were not too far from the temple, I thought I'd end on an up note and take the girls to see the Christmas lights at the temple. I told them where we were going as I pulled out of the parking lot. It was instantly silent in the back seat.

Oh. Yeh, that would explain it.

See? All's well that ends well!

4 comments:

  1. That last shot with the Temple fading away in the background is classic. Well done, Grandma. Those are two very, very lucky little girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny how Krew was the same way yesterday. Must be something in the air. I love that last picture too. Those two girls are so cute and so lucky to have such an amazing gma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha that's funny! Those girls sure are cute. Especially when I'm miles and miles away. :)

    ReplyDelete