Tuesday, December 27, 2011

SAN FRANSISCO FINALE: THE JOYS OF COMING HOME

Returning to San Fransisco after nearly 35 years was wonderful. So much has changed in the world in those 35 years.

So much has changed in our family life in those 35 years.

There's no way to capture every memorable event of our vacation.

Time together away from the pressures of home has been wonderful. This has been such a year of change for us-Stan's changing jobs, and launching our last child.

Really, I could vacation everyday.

Of course, we'll have to win the lottery first.

I love the sights and sounds of San Fransisco.

Although I've been a Montana girl too long now to appreciate Christmas decorations placed beside blooming flowers.


Nevertheless, we enjoyed exploring


the colors,

diversity,

and scenery.


The three of us had lots of fun together, and it will be the "together" part that we remember.

As fun as it all was, I found I was also happy to get home to my "other" life.

There's cute little Hailey, in the front row, pink shirt, looking for a familiar face at her school's Christmas program.

By the day of this program on Wednesday, December 21st, I hadn't seen Hailey or Makayla since before I left for California. It made me tear up a little to see the way Hailey's face brightened
when she spotted me.

It made me tear up a lot when she blew me a kiss.


We loved having Megan and the Bassets here to spend Christmas day with us. It's fun to have little ones in the house again to open presents.

Ava was content to spend 20 or 30 minutes opening her package.

 Cute Bassett boys.

It's nice to see how happy kids can be about the toothbrushes in their stockings.

Ava, still opening that gift.


Chase, helping us rid ourselves of those evil chocolate ornaments from the tree.


Ta Dah! She got it open!

Turns out Megan must have been nicer than we thought-Santa brought her that snowboard after all. She is taking a snowboarding class next semester. Does this count as an educational expense?

Let me assure you, this disclaimer below the word "Feather" is stretching the truth....


We had a wonderful holiday season--we hope you had a Merry Christmas, too!

3 comments:

  1. looks like fun! Wish I could have seen all you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these beautiful pictures from home and away. You do a good job of capturing your love for all these great people with words and images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post! But it did make me a little home sick. Wish we could have been there! I loved hearing about your California trip, a well-deserved trip for you!

    ReplyDelete