Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween!

Last week we got our pumpkins.


Then we made our Halloween decorations.

Finally the big day arrived.

I knew it was Halloween because Stan pulled out his disguise. At least I think it's Stan. Hard to say with that complete transformation.


 It's got to be Halloween since Princess Makayla and Vampire Hailey stopped in.
 Except that Makayla indignantly insists she's Rock Star Makayla.


I bought this nifty pumpkin-shaped pizza at Papa Murphy's

 and made my world famous Witch's Brew

and then spent the rest of dinner encouraging these two not to touch the dry ice. Hmmm. I could never get my own kids to leave the dry ice alone. I wonder if it's genetic?

It was a nice night, maybe 50 degrees when we started out.
Amy and I had a lot of fun watching these two run from house to house, Hailey telling the owner, "I like your Halloween decorations!" and Makayla adding, "I like your house decorate!"

Finally it was time to come back home and check out the haul.

and warm up by drinking hot cocoa while trying to stay awake.

I hope your Halloween was as fun as ours!

4 comments:

  1. Now put them to bed and raid their stash while it's still fresh.
    Stan looks great with a mustache. I think he should grow one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun times! Wish our little ones were closer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun :) You always made every holiday fun! I felt like something was missing without the witches brew at our Halloween dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Stan needs to grow a real mustache. It makes him look foreign and exotic. I can even hear him with a French accent. He might even transform from trash a starh (trash rearranged).

    ReplyDelete