Monday, February 6, 2012

Done!!!

My head is almost completely healed now, although my eye is still slightly swollen. Almost all I have left in my ploy to gain sympathy is a sore rib and a bit of dizziness,


which, of course explains why I spent Thursday and Friday up on a ladder priming and painting the living room/kitchen. I couldn't help myself. I don't like invalidhood.


Stan predictably spent Saturday fixing all of the less-than-perfect spots he could find under my new coat of paint. One thing I've learned about Stan, now that we've spent so much time remodeling together in the last year, is that he is an extreme perfectionist about his remodeling projects. I just wish he'd perfect everything BEFORE that last coat of paint.

You would never know there use to be a six foot long fluorescent light behind a cheap and ugly plastic panel at the top of this wall. I wish I'd thought to get a "before" picture.


I love our new and improved popcorn-less living room.

The removal of the old light and the new recessed canister lights were almost an afterthought--and yet they are a huge improvement we're going to love.

I've already got some ideas for our next do-it-yourself project. You know how it is when you renew and change something in your house. Suddenly that old, stained carpet looks completely unacceptable.

2 comments:

  1. It looks awesome! The ceiling looks so much higher than before. I love it! When we get our first house you can do updates and remodeling for us! Don't worry that won't be for another 5-10 years that will give you just enough time to rest and for all the wounds and sore muscle to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking great, both you and the living room.

    ReplyDelete