Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy 35th Anniversary To Us

   Today is our "When First We Met" anniversary (see here).
In honor of that day in 1976, I've posted this archaeological artifact photograph from 1978 or 1979. The thing I love most about this picture is not the way Dave and Stan still have black hair, nor the way I appear to be sucking on a lemon while dressed like a character out of  Hee Haw.


It's Oma. Doesn't she look beautiful? Oma would be around 83 in this picture.
 


We are celebrating our anniversary in  high style by receiving evening visitors in the form of super heroes, monsters, and (our personal favorite) princesses.

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I've ever seen this photo, Chris - PRICELESS! I do love how young Oma looks. And yes, your "Hee Haw" get-up is pretty special too. Were you heading to a costume party, or was this normal for you???

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress used to be one of my favorites. The dress is a good balance for the hairdo, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't remember that dress at all. You must have gotten after leaving home, or I would have "borrowed" it. I love all the photos. You are all princesses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats mom and dad! That's a cool picture of you guys. And those are some pretty cute princesses!

    ReplyDelete