Monday, February 3, 2014

By The Numbers


Number of evenings it was warm enough recently to lay on the trampoline with Grandpa and learn about the moon, stars, and planets: 1, but just barely.

Number of times since that night Makayla has offered to point out Venus to me ("I can tell, because planets don't twinkle!"): 57. At least.


Number of Valentine's Day-themed foods we've made recently:

Not enough, according to Hailey and Makayla...
 

....more than enough according to Grandma.

Number of words in Second Grader Hailey's Reading Vocabulary: Bunches and bunches.

Number of stories read to Makayla: As many as she wants...

....plus one more.

Number of *Blink* games Hailey beat Grandma in this week: at least half of the 2349 we played.

Number of Chinese Checker games Hailey beat Grandma in: Zero. Keep trying, Hailey.

Number of things the girls do daily that make me giggle: at least 2 dozen. Here they're sniffing the contact paper which "smells like a beach ball".

Number of Valentine's Day crafts we've made: well let's see....

there was the tissue paper heart above and the paint-the-newspaper-hearts below, so...

add 300..... take away 7....

divide by 2.3445.....that makes...let see.....

....exactly 1 gazillion.

 
Number of activities our singles' ward has in a week: 3 or 4 or 5, sometimes 6. This blurry picture was Friday night's Chinese New Year Dinner and Dance.

 
 Number of cookies Makayla helped me make for Sunday's Munch and Mingle: 8 dozen.
 
Number Makayla ate: 0 cooked. A few dozen uncooked.


Number of times I smiled, realizing for the first time in years I had no involvement in the planning, set-up, execution, or clean-up of a church dinner: 1, but that 1 smile stayed on my face for several days.

Number of inches of snow we've had this week: at least 12, but it's currently snowing, so don't quote me on that.

Number of hours we've spent fixing up our rental: 4,003,478.

How many units in this apartment we have finished: 2.5 out of 4.

Number of slated 2014 quilts I have done: 1 down, 4 to go (2 more baby, 2 for eight-year-olds).

Number of days I'm going to need to recover from number overload:
 I'll let you know when I get there.

4 comments:

  1. So many things to love in this post: cute girls, wonderful crafty projects, cookie dough (yeah, we're related), a good reader, no RS responsibilities (yay!!!), a beautiful quilt--and many more. (Notice I didn't mention snow, remodeling, cleaning, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your number post. You're so busy you don't have time to notice the cold and snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you send some of those cookies my way?? Those are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sorry! The ward members ate them all and asked for more. I guess you're on your own

      Delete