Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Hello Thanksgiving!

Now that we moved passed Halloween, we're gearing up for Thanksgiving. I'm turning these two into cook-o-holics and craft-o-holics. They always want to know what we're going to make when they come over.

 
This week our project involves glue stick, glitter, and a bag of silk leaves from Walmart.

 
After spreading glue on the leaf,


Hailey and Makayla poured glitter onto the gluey leaf. Liberally. 

 
Some of the glitter actually landed on the leaf.

 
You'll be relieved to see Makayla's concentration tongue in action.

 
Hailey had half day at school today and helped me hang the finished glitter leaves from twine and hang them on the armoire.

 
Yep, everything looks cute!

 
Here's the close-up.

 
Hailey practicing her best modeling poses.
 
 Remember the rustic wooden box from September?

 
I stained one dark brown and gave Makayla and Hailey "Thanksgiving Filler" and let them go to town.

 
They had lots of fun arranging things

 
and they are pleased as punch at the results.

 
Their crafting skills amaze even them.

Here's the close-up.

 
It's got real(ly fake) candles, artfully placed.

 
There you go! Ready for the next holiday!
 

7 comments:

  1. The girls have a future as interior decorators. However, I'm impressed you will let glitter through your door and into your house. Some scouts spilled glitter in one of my new cars once, and that glitter stayed in the carpet through hundreds and vacuums and thousands of miles. I never could get it out. Since then I have banned glitter from my house and car, although I will allow it in the back yard if it is kept ten feet away from the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me feel bad about my non-existent decorations. Our apartment is severely lacking.... I need to hire you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come visit us, Pookie, and we'll glitter something for you!

      Delete
  3. No wonder Judy has kept me out of her car and at least ten feet from the house, I must be glitter! Cute activity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob, my glitter cleaned up, no problem. I think you and Judy need to have a little talk.

      Delete
  4. How cute! The leaves, centerpiece, and the girls! Hailey's hair sure is long and beautiful...wish I got that gene!

    ReplyDelete