Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Grandma Adventures: A Park by Any Other Name and a Sad/Good Good-bye

Last week I thought the girls would love a walk through Two Moon Park.

As you can see, they were prepared with their hiking clothes and shoes. Not to mention those spiffy sale hats from Target.


Two Moon Park is basically the area around Yellowstone river. It's a perfect place to practice rock-throwing skills.

When Hailey and Makayla spotted hundreds of tiny little minnows in the water, I told them how we had seen a place in Europe where you could pay to stick your feet in a container of little fish and let them nibble at your toes.

They tried it. I guess Montana minnows don't bite.


Hailey and Makayla spent a lot of time asking, "Where's the park???" I explained that not all parks have playgrounds.

They were not impressed by playgroundless parks.

Makayla, in particular was disgruntled. She kept saying, "That's not a park. That's a nature!"

Finally we headed back. Hailey was delighted when she spotted something on the path, "Look, Grandma, you left footprints, like a dinosaur!!"

Yeah, we won't be returning to Two Moon anytime soon.

Naturally, after our strenuous park experience, we did our part to keep the dairy business going in Montana.Cute Hat Hair, Makayla.

A few days later, I skipped the "nature" and headed to the "real" playground. The girls seemed a teensy bit more excited.


This actually worked for me, too. I could listen to The Year That Changed the World on my ipod instead of trying to explain that "park" has more than one meaning.

 Hailey and Makayla seemed happy to splash around.


Some of my kids may remember the frog in Pioneer Park. It's been there since Stan was little, although the pool around it has been completely changed.

Hailey, coming in to give me a drippy hug.

Next it was time to check up on a couple of other grandkids. Over this past weekend I made another quick trip to Idaho. Krew probably asked me 87 times, "You want to see something? You want to see my Dad's bike? Come here, I will show you!" He is hilarious. Good thing I remembered to bring this bike hoodie with matching socks I found. I'm not exactly sure, but I think Krew is proud and excited about Jorden's biking interest.
 Krew, those socks look so gooood with your pajama bottoms!! Grandma sure knows how to nerdify you.

Ashley and McKay leave for Portland on Tuesday. Oh how I've loved having three daughters + families in Idaho! I'm going to miss them so much-it won't be long before Jessica follows Jorden to Utah.

Now I know this moving on to Portland is a good thing,

 but do you have to take Brinlee with you?

And if you must take Brinlee with you, can you promise me you won't let her grow up too much before I see her again???

On the other hand, I got so distracted by these endearing grandkids that I completely neglected to get pictures of my cute daughters. Ashley and Jessica, I guess you're going to have to stick around until I can get back down there to do that-I'd like to remember what the rest of you look like.

3 comments:

  1. This post made me sad! So sad they are moving away from me :( But I hope you're right, that it won't be long before I join Jorden....now I'm the only Idahoan!
    PS Krew LOVES his new outfit, he wants to wear it everyday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful children. I guess you'll have to plan a few trips to somewhere besides Idaho, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the cutest grandkids!

    ReplyDelete